2017 Florida Super show
When you visit the Florida Supershow, hosted by FRVTA ,you really need to take time to reflect on what you’ve seen and what you’ve done, and that’s what I am about to do.
Reports are starting to come out now about the record breaking success of the 2017 Florida RV Supershow. and I’m here to confirm all those reports.
We spent almost an entire week at the Florida State Fairgrounds to enjoy every aspect of the show. I wish I could report that we saw every nook and cranny, took in every experience, and visited every vendor but this show is so massive and so in-depth that even though we were dedicated to absorb the show, we didn’t do it justice. Probably the fact that we had our three boys with us hampered our ability to immerse ourselves into the show to the level that we really wanted. Some may see it as a curse to have the kids with us; we viewed it as a blessing. Seeing the show through the eyes of our young children gave us a different vantage point, a different mindset, and certainly a different level of energy. Kids have unique imaginations and desires to explore. Being class A owners our main focus is on motorhomes but our boys loved climbing into, sometimes onto, and even around each and every single RV we encountered. Here are the top five things we loved about the Supershow.
- The variety of RV’s – this year’s show has a record of more than 1500 RV’s on site. From over a million Prevost, Newell’s and Foretravel. Newmar has an incredible display, hosted by North Trail RV. There were plenty of factory reps and even senior management to answer questions. To RV’s that just about any vehicle can pull. Truly something for everyone!
- The vendors – with multiple vendor halls you can find just about every imaginable gadget or goodie for RV travel. We picked up a whole house (or RV) air purifier, a great deal, a new sewer hose and 2 pairs sunglasses. Tip – don’t do what I did, dropping the first pair in the port a potty!
- The entertainment – No other RV show in the country has such a wide variety of entertainment. From barbershop quartets, to jugglers. Even talking plants and pirates.
- On site camping/rallies – for the second year in a row we took part in The Newmar rally. It was great to meet fellow Newmar owners, and learn from them as well as share experiences. Newmar even had senior management there to meet with rally goers for a hour long Q&A.
- The location – With average temps in the 70’s, Tampa, Florida is the perfect host city. The weather was just about perfect for this year’s show.
- Bonus – The people – We got to meet so many wonderful people. So were friends we knew before the show. Others were people who follow our blog or social media. Like minded people who love the RV lifestyle, that’s what this show is all about!
If you missed the show this year, put it on your calendar for 2018. Dates are already set for January 16-21. We are already planned our return trip to Tampa!
We hope to see you all there next year, you won’t be sorry…..
Keith and Tia
Soulful RV Family